- Work collaboratively with the Safety team and management to embed and continually improve Safety Management Systems and supporting policies.
- In alignment with Fixed Wing plans, develop and execute Safety objectives, plans, systems and goals.
- Oversee Hazard Observation and Improvement Forms, Safety Check forms, Change Management forms, incident/accident reports, defect reports, non-conformance reports and aircraft incident reports.
- Present safety data, trends and analyses as requested.
- Assist with quality assurance and improvement programmes and undertake regular quality assurance reviews
Airwork Fixed Wing Ltd (AFW) is part of the Airwork Group of Companies which is New Zealand’s largest general aviation business operating in multiple countries. AFW are industry-leading experts in all facets of fixed wing flight operations and engineering support for our own fleet as well as other operators.
Airwork are industry-leading experts in all facets of flight operations and fixed wing maintenance support for our own fleet as well as other operators. Airwork operate and maintain aircraft globally with maintenance and operational bases in New Zealand and Australia, with a focus on Boeing 737 aircraft leasing, charter and maintenance
An opportunity exists for a suitably qualified applicant to join the Safety team as a Safety Advisor. Reporting to the Senior Safety Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for promoting safety best practice, providing specialist advice and championing safety culture.
To succeed in this role, you must possess the following:
- Previous experience in an operational aviation environment and knowledge of aviation legislation
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Health and Safety, Environmental Management, SMS and/or emergency management
- The ability to build rapport across the workforce, to drive engagement and build capability through coaching and education
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a high level of integrity and commitment to unbiased outcomes in safety investigations
- At least 5 years’ experience in a safety leadership role for a medium to high risk industry
- Be a key influencer across the business by being approachable for both internal and external customers and staff
- Have sound decision making skills
- Be able to set high standards for own and team’s performance, takes accountability and demonstrates enthusiasm
- Be able to travel nationally (and some international), hold ASIC security clearance and have a clear police check history, be subject to and pass a pre-employment medical
What we can offer you:
- Work with a great team
- Opportunity to create and grow the role
- Progressive, rapidly growing company
If you believe you tick all the boxes, then apply now. Email your Cover letter and CV and quote ref FWAUSSA1