- The safe operation of the aircraft in flight, the safety and well-being of all passengers and crew, and the safety of cargo carried
- Control of the aircraft while in command and for the maintenance of discipline on board
- Ensuring that all flights are conducted in accordance with Civil Aviation Rules and with the instructions contained in the Flight Operations Exposition
- Ensuring that the Line Operations Manager, is notified without delay of all incidents or accidents in accordance with Company procedures
- Completing Incident or Accident Reports in accordance with Company procedures
- Ensuring that all documents and records required for any flight are carried on board
- Ensuring that all Company records related to any flight are properly completed
Airwork Fixed Wing Ltd (AFW) is part of the Airwork Group of Companies which is New Zealand’s largest general aviation business operating in multiple countries. AFW are industry-leading experts in all facets of fixed wing flight operations and engineering support for our own fleet as well as other operators.
AFW are specialists in providing aircraft and flight operations services to the airfreight industry and our capabilities extend to leasing, air ambulance, airline disrupt support and maintenance control services.
An opportunity exists for a suitably qualified applicant to join the Flight Operations team as a B737 Captain (Fixed Wing). Reporting to the Line Operations Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for the safe and economic operation of the flight for which he/she is the designated Pilot in Command.
To succeed in this role, you need to possess the following:
- New Zealand ATPL
- Current B737 classic type rating
- A relevant tertiary qualification and previous experience in a training or management capacity is desirable
You must be:
- Approachable for both internal and external customers and staff
- Confident with strong communication and technical skills
- Sound decision making under pressure
- Effective team player
What we can offer you:
- Work with a great team
- Opportunity to create and grow the role
- Progressive, rapidly growing company
- Opportunity to be part of the exciting aviation industry
- Competitive remuneration
If you believe you tick all the boxes, then apply now completing the form below with your Cover letter and CV and quote ref AFWFCVIC.
Applicants for this position should have valid New Zealand/ Australian working rights and a current and valid passport.