- Working collaboratively with the Safety team and management to embed and continually improve Safety Management Systems and supporting policies
- In alignment with Fixed Wing strategic and operational plans; developing and executing Safety objectives, plans, systems and goals
- Raising awareness and drive a positive safety culture through empowering managers, supervisors and staff
- Identifying hazards and ensure appropriate actions are taken to eliminate, isolate or minimise hazards in line with Airwork processes and standards
Airwork Fixed Wing Ltd (AFW) is part of the Airwork Group of Companies which is New Zealand’s largest general aviation business operating in multiple countries. AFW are industry-leading experts in all facets of fixed wing flight operations and engineering support for our own fleet as well as other operators.
AFW specialise in providing airline charter and flight operations services to the airfreight industry and has capabilities extending to leasing, airline disrupt support and maintenance control services.
Safety Manager - Brisbane
To succeed in this role, you must possess the following:
- Previous experience in an operational aviation environment and knowledge of aviation legislation
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Health and Safety, Environmental Management, SMS and/or emergency management
- The ability to build rapport across the workforce, to drive engagement and build capability through coaching and education
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a high level of integrity and commitment to unbiased outcomes in safety investigations
- At least 5 years’ experience in a safety leadership role for a medium to high risk industry
- Be a key influencer across the business by being approachable for both internal and external customers and staff
- Have sound decision making skills
- Be able to set high standards for own and team’s performance, takes accountability and demonstrates enthusiasm
- Be able to travel nationally (and some international), hold ASIC security clearance and have a clear police check history, be subject to and pass a pre-employment medical
What we can offer you:
- Work with a great team
- Opportunity to create and grow the role
- Progressive, rapidly growing company
- Opportunity to be part of the exciting aviation industry
- A competitive pay scale will be offered to the successful applicant.
- Opportunities to travel for work
If you believe you tick all the boxes then complete the form below with your cover letter and CV quoting ref FWAUSM1
Applicants for this position should have valid New Zealand/ Australian working rights and a current and valid passport.