- Developing new design concepts and products, you will be responsible for creating technical data used in the modification and repair of aircraft
- You will research and develop design changes and create technical data defining the installation, operations and continued airworthiness of the product.
Airwork NZ (AWNZ) is a globally recognised helicopter engineering, sales and leasing company based at Ardmore Airport with bases globally. The company has a comprehensive range of capabilities, in-house expertise, world class technology and certifications that distinguishes them within the global aviation market.
With a vision to continue to grow the business globally AWNZ are seeking talented and motivated team members to continue to drive business success. This is an exciting time to join a business committed to safety and who want to continue to build on their success in this exciting industry.
About the Role
The Senior Design Engineer role is an opportunity for an experienced aviation professional to make their mark in the aviation industry. Developing new design concepts and products, you will be responsible for creating technical data used in the modification and repair of aircraft.
You will research and develop design changes and create technical data defining the installation, operations and continued airworthiness of the product. You will ensure the data is suitable for achieving airworthiness certification and prepare compliance reports, undertaking analysis and testing where necessary.
Technical competency and delegated technical authorities are highly valued and respected within the Airwork Design Team; the role includes an expectation to pursue technical development through to CAANZ Design Delegate Holder status and beyond.
You ideally will have:
- A relevant tertiary level qualification (or higher)
- Design experience and expertise.
- Strong written/verbal communication with a focus on teamwork.
- Sound business acumen with robust problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Strong understanding of the aviation industry (preferred).
- Excellent time management.
What we can offer you:
- Opportunities to lead design projects
- Technical training and development through to CAANZ DDH status
- The opportunity to work with a great team that are passionate about what they do.
- The opportunity to expand your career within the aviation business.
- Competitive Remuneration and access to a subsidised medical scheme.
- South Auckland Based – beat the traffic!
Don't hesitate! If this sounds like you, 'apply now' by completing the form below with your CV and Cover Letter.
Please note: you need to be eligible to work in New Zealand and will be required to undergo and pass pre-employment drug and alcohol tests.